Friday, November 6, 2009

Got Interest?

So... July, huh? It seems rather obvious that I have lost interest in blogging. The thing is... I haven't really. I sort of have... It annoys me when my pictures don't load, I spend way too much of my computer time on Facebook, and lately I feel like I don't have anything extremely interesting to write about. But I really wish I wrote more on here.

I think that people probably don't really care about the little things that are going on in my life, but I know that is not completely true. I love reading blogs. I like to hear about the small, everyday occurrences in the lives of people that I know or even are just acquainted with. I guess I am just not good at putting my thoughts out there on a forum that somehow dissipates into the internet abyss for anyone and everyone to read. It seemed easier when there were "events" to write about. Lately, we have not been traveling, we have been trying to budget better - so no more expensive date nights -, and we just have not had the time together to do anything "interesting."

In July, I started a new job. I am working for a home health company as a clinical nurse liaison based out of one of the big hospitals in Chicago. The transition has been interesting. I work 9-5, M-F, which is so much less stressful than what I was doing before. But... it is also much more boring. I think "boring" is definitely the way to go at this point in time. Sean's work environment is stressful enough for the both of us.

I can't believe he will be halfway done with residency in less than two months! The time has gone by so fast but so slow at the same time. I cannot emphasize enough how happy I/we will be when this phase is over. Residency sucks... I know that he is learning what he needs to know and that we will look back fondly on our time here in Chicago, but the hours/work environments/studying/researching/test taking/missing holidays/missing time together/etc. are ridiculous. Ridiculous, I tell you!!

We talk about how much we love our little Brigita. Especially on those days when I work a normal day and Sean works 1pm to 11pm, gets up to be at conference at 7am until noon, and then goes back to work that next night for an overnight shift. Oh yes... that happens. So much that it isn't even really surprising when it does. He gets no sleep, and I don't see him for days on end. That is the reality of this chapter in our lives. At least we have our naughty little puppy who makes you feel like you are never really alone in the house.

I didn't mean for this post to sound so negative. We are both really happy in our lives, and, despite the stressors, knowing that this time is only temporary makes it completely bearable. I guess my point (if I had one) was that these are the sorts of things I obviously find to blog about that I think no one probably wants to hear! HA

But then... I was reading my friend Rachel's blog today, and she mentioned documenting a part of her life because she wanted to be able to look back and remember it. Her blog is not only for those who read it, but for her to commemorate different stages in her life.

Interesting...

3 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

You'll get through it. I remember when Steve was working full time, sub driving, and going to school full time. Sometimes I wouldn't even see him for three days. Its a tough time, but eventually it passes. Just remember, it will all be worth it in the end. :D

Erin said...

I feel your pain, and Chris' schedule isn't nearly as bad as Sean's. I'm glad you have Brigita!

Anonymous said...

How well you write. I like reading your turnings of a phrase. And it isn't mother favoritism, either.