Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Parents Visit Chicago

At the end of the same week that we visited Boston, my parents were able to drive down from Minnesota to spend a long weekend with us before Sean's vacation was over. They drove down with their friends, Kevin and Sharon (Sharon's daughter also lives here in Chicago).

They arrived on a Friday afternoon, and we immediately meandered down to the lake (by way of Starbucks) to walk around and stretch out after the long drive. After some snacks and Brigita time, we took them to the German Brauhaus restaurant in the evening and ate some hearty German food. 

Unfortunately, the next day my mom was not feeling well and did not really recover the whole time they were visiting. She was a trooper though and managed to tag along for everything that we wanted to do. On Saturday we had a leisurely morning and met Kevin, Sharon, and Danielle at the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder for lunch. After lunch, we drove around downtown and pointed out the sites. My mom rested in the evening, and we watched a movie and had snacks for dinner. 

On Sunday we met Kevin and Sharon for breakfast at Ann Sather and then went to Moody for church before roaming around the Lincoln Park Zoo for the afternoon. My mom and I rode the Endangered Species Carousel together while being watched with amusement by Sean and Dad.

Sean and I made dinner on Sunday night, and we had another relaxing evening before they had to leave in the morning on Monday. 








2 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

Its always nice to have your mom come to visit. I'm sure you miss living near yours. Tell her we said hi.

Ashleigh Baker said...

How fun to see your parents!

And, funny, I have that same dress you're wearing in the pics. All hail Old Navy! ;)