Friday, September 30, 2011

Busy

So the meetup group? Sure is keepin' me busy!! I know that it only has to be what I put into it, but I am not one to do things halfway (except for most crafts) and am really trying to have a variety of events for people to participate in. Plus it gets Cora and I out of the house and on our adventures. 


I am not complaining. It doesn't feel overwhelming or anything yet. It is just more work than I thought is would be at the beginning. Especially now that I am really getting to know a few of the women. 


We are starting a book study next week. Nancy Leigh DeMoss's Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free. And I am leading it. It just sort of happened like that. One girl suggested the book, but she does not want to be the leader. So it falls on me since the site is "mine" and I've done all the organizing. I've never led anything like this before (only participated), but I had a wonderful teacher so am actually pretty excited about it. 


It just feels so strange to be truly living life here. Sometimes I feel like we are on a perpetual vacation by the sea, but here I am getting to know new friends and participating in a community more than ever before.

1 comment:

GrammaKitty said...

You are on a perpetual vacation by the sea! Joy!