Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Resident Retreat

Every year all of the residents are treated to a day of relaxation. They are all given the day off (sort of), and they do a bit of learning in the morning and then are served lunch and given a variety of activities to participate in. This year, the retreat was held in Wisconsin at an attending physician's lake house. They provided boats, jet skis, water skiing, and many lawn games. 

A handful of people, including us, went camping at a nearby campsite the night before as well. We put Brigita in a kennel (i.e. swanky dog hotel) for the night to see how she would do. It was the perfect night to camp, and we had a wonderful time getting to know a few of the other residents.

The next morning consisted of some conferences, so my friend, Laura, and I ditched our husbands and did our own thing for a little while. We found a fabulously obnoxious little restaurant to eat at, where patriotism was the order of the day. The portions were huge, and we had a great time laughing at the menu and decor of the place. After stuffing ourselves, we went shopping at an outlet mall that was nearby and found some good deals on clothes. 

I will have to show you Laura at a later time, because she sent me the pictures from the day (my camera was dead) and did not include any with her. 





When we arrived back at the retreat, we ate a wonderful lunch of hotdogs and hamburgers and played for a few hours. Sean and I went jet skiing, which was a blast! I have only done that once before and loved it. Sean went water skiing (I have never even been able to get myself out of the water, so I didn't even try) and boating. Laura and her husband, Bobby, left at around 3 pm because Bobby had to work over night that night starting at 8 (now you understand the "sort of" day off), and it started steadily drizzling around that time as well. Sean and I left soon after to pick up our traumatized puppy. 

2 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

You're so lucky!!! I want to go jet skiing some day. Water skiing's pretty fun too though.

Looks like you found a very "patriotic resteraunt :)

Rachel said...

I'm jealous I missed such fun! You know I had no idea I was even invited! I'm guessing Joey didn't tell me cuz I couldn't go! But it would have been FUN!

ps hope brigita wasn't TOO traumatized! Charlie would have been for sure!