Monday, July 28, 2008

Our First Anniversary

As most of you know, Sean and I celebrated our first anniversary on July 13th. A whole year already!! In some ways, I feel like it has been longer than a year because of all the events and changes that have occurred over the last year, but I also remember our wedding like it was yesterday. Our celebration of this momentous event consisted of spending a day on Navy Pier. I found a good deal for a "day pass" type thing online that included tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show on the Pier, one ride on the ferris wheel (the second largest in the world next to London's), a 30-minute shoreline boat tour on Lake Michigan, and 20% off at a fancy, romantic restaurant overlooking the lake. We had talked about seeing the show, Cirque Shanghai, prior to this, so we were both kind of excited. It turned out to be very impressive. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

We splurged a little and also went on an hour and a half long boat tour explaining about the architecture along the Chicago River. We were slightly disappointed with this excursion. The tour guide that we got was an obnoxious early-20-something kid named Dan who would not shut up for a second. He told stupid stories during the lulls from building to building and gave his opinion on everything to do with the entire tour process, including the history he was supposed to be relating to us. Sean was really annoyed. I felt his judgement of Dan from beside me. There was one point as we passed by a stock-exchange, financial-type building that Dan declared through his loudspeaker that all of the people above, mingling on the patio of the restaurant connected to the building, had sold their souls for money and were forever damned. I watched a few faces peer down at us, wondering if he had really just said that or if they were merely imagining what they heard. I tell Sean that we will remember the experience even more because of Dan, but he does not seem convinced. 

I have many cool pictures of the whole day, but Blogger is not downloading them. I tried to get them to download and the site just kept saying that it was working for like 15 minutes until I got sick of it and tried again. After an hour of trying, I have decided to give up. Only the first one that I tried actually worked. 

I guess this one is appropriate to commemorate our first anniversary...

2 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

Congradulation. Sounds like you had fun celebrating.

Rachel said...

cute! and happy belated anniversary!

I have a small album that I put a pic from each anniversary in, so in 50+ years we can see each year one pic at a time :-)